Pages

Monday 23 July 2012

Swiss Meringue Buttercream Ruffle Cake.


I first spotted this wonderfully frilly number on marthastewart.com and I thought that it looked like a good place to start on my baking adventure. I wanted a challenge. And as I've never made a Swiss meringue buttercream before or used a piping bag, I figured that this was as tricky as it gets for a cake decorating novice.
 


After doing little more research online, I discovered the
incredible Sweetapolita.
 I just loved her version the Buttercream Ruffle Cake and
 I adored the contrast of her Rich and Dark Chocolate Cake
against the pretty peachy pink buttercream.
 So I decided to give it a go!

 Thanks Sweetapolita for the endless inspiration!


The final result is far from perfect but for my first attempt I have to admit that I'm feeling pretty proud!!


You can find the original Sweetapolita recipe for the cake layers here.

And all you need to know about Swiss Meringue Buttercream here, here and here!

Enjoy!!


2 comments:

  1. This is on my "To do List"...wonderful! Love the photography too...your blog is fab x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Patricia! I was so excited to see my first comment!! You've made my day!!! :)

      Delete